Volunteer & Apprenticeship Program
Inspiring The Next Generation of Regenerative Farmers!
Welcome to our volunteer and apprenticeship page. Whether you want to spend some time volunteering on our farm or become a full-time apprentice, this page has everything you need to get started.
At Alpenblick Farm we offer volunteer and apprenticeship opportunities, both of which we will go over below.
We welcome the public to stop by and help us complete our daily tasks here on the farm. Some people volunteer the same day every week, and others come on a non-consistent basis. Either is fine.
Volunteering runs from 10am to 2pm every day of the week. If you can make it for only a couple of hours, that's fine too. See below for availability, then contact us using the contact form below to inquire.
Apply for Volunteering:
2) Apprenticeship Program
The purpose of our apprentice program is to teach people how to farm the way we do. By the time you're done, you'll know everything you need to know to begin your own regenerative farm, like how to take care of animals from season to season as well as the business side of things. We offer a quiet and peaceful environment. If you love nature, running, going for walks and learning, this is the right place for you.
One to three months (or more)
Apprentices will complete a list of daily tasks, as well as the unexpected tasks that inevitably come up on a farm, like attending to the birth of new animals, fixing fences, the challenges of weather changes from season to season, etc.
- Feeding animals inside and outside
- Milking the cows
- Making cheese and kefir
- Serving customers
- Cleaning the barn and animal care
- Restocking barn supplies and hay
- Small repairs
- Cooking and food preparation
- Keeping the farm clean and organized
- Our apprentices are served 100% organic food
- You make breakfast and lunch for yourself
- Petra will cook dinner for everybody
- Everyday on the farm is different and so it's not measured by hours. When the chores are done the day is done, which is typically 4-6 hours.
- Apprentices have the entire upstairs of our house to themselves, which includes 2 private bedrooms and 1 bathroom.
Things to Bring
- Rubber boots (summer) or insulated boots (winter)
- Winter jacket or insulated coveralls
- We will provide gloves for you for all seasons
Leisure and Fun
There are a number of fun, healthy activities you can do when you're not working to ensure you have a balanced and fulfilling life during your stay at our farm. Here's a list of some of them.
Our farm is also located right next to the Trans Canada Trail, where you can walk, run, hike or bike. You're also welcome to go for long walks on our 200 acre farm.
The next small town is only 15 minutes away by car and you can join us on our shopping sprees during the week.
Every Sunday, we usually go out for the afternoon to visit local festivals, events or villages. Helpers are welcome to join us or stay on the farm and just relax.
Apprentices are welcome to use our internet to watch movies, check email and video chat with your family or friends.
Ready to Begin?
Apply now for the Alpenblick Farm apprenticeship program by scrolling up and filling out our application form.
We look forward to talking to you and will get back to you within 48 hours.